MountainCamp Staff Form
Dear Summer Staff Applicant,
Are you interested in changing the life of a youth by being a positive role model? Do you want to motivate and inspire a camper to be the best that they can be? If you are, then you may be a good fit for a Summer Staff position for MountainCamp 2023! MountainCamp is one of several youth programs offered by The Mountain Retreat and Learning Centers Inc. At The Mountain, each camper is treated with respect, kindness, and consideration; we celebrate his or her individual gifts. A balance is maintained between establishing structure and boundaries to keep youth safe and creating opportunities for them to 'test their wings.' MountainCamp fosters belonging and acceptance.
During MountainCamp, several opportunities for rewarding experiences and possibilities for personal growth exist. Stipends range from $250 to $650 per week, dependent on position and experience, plus room and board.
Training for Mountain Camp Leadership begins on Sunday, May 28th, and training for Cabin Counselors will begin on Saturday, June 3rd. Our first camp sessions starts on June 11th. Summer camp ends for most staff on July 22nd.
Please fill out the application carefully.
Since The Mountain offers only a limited number of positions for qualified individuals apply as soon as possible.
Summer Staff Employment Contract
If hired for a staff position, I would accept The Mountain camp philosophy and strive to carry out my responsibilities within the framework of The Mountain’s core values derived from the seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism:
The inherent worth and dignity of every individual
Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth
Free and responsible search for truth and meaning
The right of conscience and the use of democratic process
The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all
Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
As a role model for youth, I am aware of the primary expectations of campers at MountainCamp, which are the following:
I will not engage in sexual relations.
I will not bring or use firearms, fireworks or weapons of any kind.
I will not use violence in my words or actions.
That as a Mountain Camper, I am entrusted with the upholding of The Mountain’s community standards and if I betray this trust I risk my current and future participation at The Mountain; my behavior - positive or negative - impacts the entire Mountain community.
I will not use unlawful drugs, alcohol or tobacco products.
I have not been convicted of any violent or sexual crimes involving children or adults. I have read and fully understand the application information. I hereby certify that the information that I have provided in this application is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge as of this date. I also understand that untrue, misleading or omitted information herein may result in dismissal, regardless of the time of discovered by The Mountain. I authorize The Mountain to inquire about this information, my work history and qualifications, and any other information considered relevant, including, but not limited to, my general character and criminal background.
I authorize any person or entity to provide the requested information to The Mountain. I release The Mountain and its representatives, and any person or entity (and its representatives) that provides information, from all liability arising from making the inquiries, providing the information, or deciding about my employment as a result of the inquiries or information. Copies of this authorization showing my signature are as valid as the original release form.
Disclaimer and Acknowledgements
MountainCamp is an equal-opportunity employer and makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or other protected status under state, federal, or local Equal Opportunity Laws.
I, the applicant, understand and agree that:
1. Any material misrepresentation or omission of a face in my application papers or pre-employment interview may be justification for refusal of, or if employed, termination from, employment. 2. MountainCamp may make a thorough investigation of my entire work history, or any part thereof, and may verify all data given in my application for employment, related papers, or oral interviews, I authorize such investigation and the giving and receiving any information requested by MountainCamp. I understand that unfavorable information or misrepresentation discovered as a result of this investigation may prevent my being hired, or if hired, may subject me to immediate dismissal. MountainCamp employment representatives are hereby authorized to contact my previous employers, schools I attended, personal references I have listed, and to make any investigation of my personal background for the purpose of evaluating my qualifications for employment.
2. If I am employed, such employment is for no definite period of time and MountainCamp can change my position, wages, benefits, conditions, and policies at any time. My employment is 'at will' and can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time without liability for wages or salary except such as may have been earned at the date of such termination and that no promise to the contrary shall be binding to MountainCamp unless placed in writing and signed by me and the President/CEO of MountainCamp and his/her representative. I agree to the search of my personal effects and containers and/or accommodations or desk that may be assigned to me, and I hereby waive all claims for damages on account of such searches or examinations.
3. From time to time, most employees of MountainCamp have the job necessity to drive a MountainCamp vehicle, either on or off the premises of MountainCamp. The MountainCamp insurance carrier requires that a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check be made on all who may drive a MountainCamp vehicle and that only those who qualify be allowed to drive. Rejection (from driving) of an employee by our insurance may result in dismissal from employment. If employed, a copy of your driver's license will be used to obtain the information necessary to request an MVR.
4. As a condition of my initial employment, I agree to submit to such physical examination, or drug and alcohol testing, as may be requested of me. I authorize any physician or hospital to release any information which my be necessary to determine my ability to perform the duties of the position(s) I may be offered, including prior to and during my employment. 6. I have applied for employment at MountainCamp and I fully understand that MountainCamp will conduct a criminal background check before I can work on the MountainCamp staff. I hereby give permission to investigate my background and report the results, positive or negative, to MountainCamp.
5. The facts set forth in my application in its entirety are true and complete. I understand that false statements on this application shall be considered sufficient for dismissal or discontinued employment consideration.
6. If accepted for employment at MountainCamp, I agree to abide by all of its policies and procedures.
7. I further understand that this is an application for employment and that no employment contract is being offered.
I have read and understood the above Disclaimer and Acknowledgement, the Code of Conduct and Basic Functions of a MountainCamp Staff. I understand that as an employee of MountainCamp I will be required to follow the rules, regulations and polices listed, but not limited to, the above.